Plant your garden up to 2 weeks earlier!
Garden Tunnels allow gardeners to plant crops an extra two weeks earlier, or grow lettuce and greens into the late fall and early winter. By warming the soil in the spring, garden tunnels help plants mature up to 2 weeks earlier than normal. The extra heat can increase yields, and tunnels protect crops from garden pests. At the end of the season, tunnels protect plants from frost and wind damage, so gardeners can harvest later.
To create a tunnel, simply place support wires every 4-5' and stretch covering over supports. Place soil along the edges of the cover to secure it to the ground.
Advantages of Garden Tunnel Kits:
- Protection from frost, for planting up to 2 weeks earlier.
- Increased soil temperature for better root development.
- Protection from wind and insects.
- Versatility to fit your garden layout.
- Compatibility with drip irrigation.
- Perforated holes allow for ventilation of excessive heat and moisture.